There is more than one way to win big with social media. Some brands throw most (if not all) of their marketing resources into a variety of social media channels, while others make it a small part of their overall strategy.
If you’ve pulled back on social media marketing, it may be time to reconsider. Here are five stats that show the true power of social media marketing:
1. Approximately 70 percent of Americans use social media. (Pew Research Center)
If you want to reach your audience, there’s a very good chance you can do so via social media. Best yet, this number is likely to grow in the years to come.
2. More than 50 million businesses are now using Facebook Pages. (Forbes)
Simply put, if you’re not using Facebook for business your competition is passing you by.
3. Link clicks account for 92 percent of all user interaction with tweets. (HubSpot)
There’s more to this than meets the eye, but it shows that there is a big opportunity to garner engagement on Twitter.
4. LinkedIn has 562 million users in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. (LinkedIn)
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network by a wide margin. There’s no guarantee of marketing success on LinkedIn, but there’s also no denying the potential to achieve great results.
5. Those under the age of 25 spend more than 32 minutes a day on Instagram, on average, while those age 25 and older spend more than 24 minutes a day. (Instagram)
Instagram users are more likely to engage with your content, when compared to other social platforms, as long as you provide something of value. There is a massive audience waiting to engage with you and/or your brand. You just have to take advantage.
What are your thoughts on these social media marketing statistics? Do they justify all the time and money you spend on social media? Will they push you toward a more social-focused strategy in the future?