With 2019 quickly winding down, there’s no better time than now to turn your attention to the new year. While this entails many things, for the sake of this article we’re going to focus on your social media marketing strategy.
There is no shortage of social media resources to lean on, but your success hinges largely on your ability to create a customized strategy based on your goals, industries, and other personalized factors.
One of the biggest mistakes you can make in regards to your 2020 social media marketing strategy is waiting too long to pin down the details. If you start thinking about it on January 1, 2020, it’s not likely that you’ll hit the ground running on the second. It’s more likely that it’ll be February before you’re on the right track.
So, with that in mind, now’s the time to take action. Answering these eight questions will position you to formulate a detailed strategy that generates results:
- Overall, how do you feel about the results of your social media efforts in 2019?
- Which social media platforms generated the highest return on investment?
- Which social media platforms flopped, leaving you to wonder if it’s a good investment in the future?
- Do you have a social media team around you, or are you responsible for everything in regards to your strategy? Will this change in the new year?
- How much time and money can you comfortably afford to invest in social media marketing?
- What steps are you taking to measure your social media efforts?
- Are you willing to adjust your strategy in 2020 to boost performance across the board?
- Which social media KPIs are most important to you?
It’s not always easy to answer these questions. In fact, it may take quite a bit of digging to come up with honest answers that provide real value in regards to how you develop your strategy moving forward.
However, once you have the answers in front of you, it’s easier to implement a plan you can rely on to reach new social media heights in 2020!