I started to count the ways that LinkedIn really helped and continues to help us grow our business and had to stop at 9 or this would be a dang long post. And it’s not really LinkedIn marketing, it’s really LinkedIn relationship management but that keyword phrase gets no love from Google.
And it’s not only reaching out to people that might be able to help. And it’s not all about “selling.” It’s about getting to know people who could help at some point. It’s also about how you can return the favor too. On top of that you need to be open to getting connection requests like the one you send, and expanding your network. You never know who is going to be on the other end of a connection.
- We got a great meeting with Chad Pollitt, Relevance.com. He asked JP to write for them and he gave us some great tips for future product features.
- We had a great meeting with Viveka Von Rosen, author of LinkedIn Marketing: An Hour a Day, who Tweeted us out to her huge following singing our praises. Always grateful Viveka.
- We got in front of Pratik Dholakiya, of E2M Solutions for a demo since he writes articles for many popular publications. He also happens to run an outsourced development shop where we now outsource our mobile apps to. We also hooked him up with a bud who wants an app developed. Nice!
- We connected and demoed Dasheroo with Matthew Toren, author of Kidpreneur, who just included Dasheroo in an article he wrote for Entrepreneur: 7 Tools That Can Help You Rapidly Grow and Automate Your Business!
- We reached out to Jay Baer, CEO of Convince and Convert. We had a great demo with him and got some awesome feedback.
- On a wild-ass try, we reached out to Warner Brothers who got right back to us for a demo. They answered, no lie.
- We reached out to Eve Mayer, LinkedIn Queen and CEO of Social Media Delivered, to get a meeting with her. She looked at our site, passed the information along to her tech consultant and now they’re using Dasheroo! Thanks Eve!
- An awesome writer, Chris Bibey, reached out to us to see if we needed any blog help. The timing couldn’t have been more perfect. We connected and now he helps us write every week. (He’s not writing this BTW 🙂
- Barry Feldman, Feldman Creative, who we’ve followed for a long time, reached out to us to see if there was something he could help us with, there is, we’re working together! Plus he gave us an intro to the great Andy Crestodina, Orbit Media.
The list goes on and on and we’re less than a year old! Now we’ve got a ton of new friends and the list keeps growing. It pays to connect with people on LinkedIn. LinkedIn has helped us form some awesome relationships with super people. Are you using it to the best of your business ability?
P.S. Don’t forget to check out our LinkedIn Analytics dashboard. You can track engagement, followers and impressions for your LinkedIn Company page and personal profile right in your Dasheroo dashboards, free!