It’s amazing that so many people believe email marketing is dead. While it may not be the right marketing strategy for every business, it could be just what yours needs to boost engagement, traffic, and revenue.
HubSpot shares a variety of email marketing statistics, all of which show just how powerful it remains. Consider the following:
- There are approximately 5.6 billion active email accounts
- 40 percent of B2B marketers say email newsletters are most critical to their content marketing success
- 73 percent of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email
You get the point. The opportunity to win big with email marketing is staring you right in the face.
There are many benefits of email marketing, including but not limited to:
- Almost everyone has an email account (check out the statistic above), so it remains a viable way to touch base
- The opportunity to share many types of content, ranging from newsletters to coupon codes to company news (and that’s just the start)
- Use it to boost traffic and revenue, along with improving engagement
As you get started with email marketing, you’ll come to find that these are just a few of the many benefits. Others are sure to come to light along the way.
If you want to make the most of your email marketing strategy, it’s critical to measure your results.
For example, if you’re using GetResponse to manage your email marketing campaigns, you can set up a dashboard to track:
- List health
- Recently sent emails
- Bounces and unsubscribes
- Health per list
All of these metrics are critical to your success, as they provide a clear overview of where you’re winning and losing.
For example, “recently sent emails” provides data such as:
You can use this data to better understand the types of messages that are best resonating with your audience.
So, the next time someone tells you email marketing is dead, you’ll know that they’re wrong. And if you take the above advice, you’ll have a clear idea of how you’re using it to your advantage.