A couple months back, we published a post sharing statistics to help you better understand the power of social media marketing.
With such a positive response, we wanted to dive deeper into statistics associated with individual social media platforms.
This time around, we’ll examine five statistics that will open your eyes as to why you should be using LinkedIn to build your personal and company brands. Let’s get started!
- LinkedIn has more than 645+ million users in more than 200 countries. (LinkedIn)
- The average LinkedIn user spends 17 minutes on the site per month. (WordStream)
- 40 percent of LinkedIn members visit the platform a minimum of one time per day. (Omnicore Agency)
- People are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members every second. (LinkedIn)
- There are more than 30 million companies on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
Now what do you think of LinkedIn? Are you beginning to see why so many professionals are spending a good portion of their social media resources on the platform?
Some of the things to make note of:
- Not only does LinkedIn have more than 600 million users, but this number is growing fast (which means more opportunity for you)
- LinkedIn users are engaged, with nearly half of them visiting the site at least once per day
- A large number of companies have a presence on LinkedIn, allowing you to connect with them to provide advice, pitch services, or discuss job opportunities (and that’s just the start)
It doesn’t take a lot of time or knowledge to get involved with LinkedIn. All it takes is a profile to get up and running. From there, you can experiment with a variety of strategies for reaching your marketing goals.